Thanks to its climate and position, Miami Beach has become the most famous beach resort in the USA. Its name has continued for over a century as you can see in the buildings of the Art Deco District built between 1923 and 1943. The tropical climate guarantees average temperatures around 20°C/68°F in winter and 27°C/80°F in summer so that you can bath during the whole year.
The most famous area of Miami Beach is known as South Beach, SoBe or simply The Beach and it stretches across the first 23 blocks in the south of the peninsula. In this area you can find the most interesting events and the most prestigious clubs. The main streets are:
- Ocean Drive: the most famous walk on the sea in whole America. It is the centre of night and day fun. The big beach is wider than 200m/0.130mi and miles long so that it’s never crowded.
- Lincoln Road: almost completely pedestrian, it has a large number of shops and restaurants. It is considered the best shopping area in Miami Beach. It is 5 blocks – 700 m/0.5 mi – 8 min walk away
- Washington Road: most of the 150 clubs and nightclubs in Miami Beach are concentrated here. It is 2 blocks – 150m/0.1 mi – 1 min walk away
- Española Way: built in 1925 to recreate the Spanish villages on the Mediterranean Sea. It is 3 blocks – 400m/0.2mi – 4 min walk away
Around Miami Beach
- 5 different golf courses are available within 10 miles: Miami Beach Golf Course, The Gource Country Club, Normandy Shores Golf Course, Miami Shores Golf Club, Intrernational Links Miami.
- Miami International Airport: served by the most important airlines with direct flights from all over the world. It is the main hub in the USA for flights to South America / Caribbean.Distance 18km/11mi – 15 min by car
- Key West: the isle is part of the archipelago of the Florida Keys connected to the land through very long bridges. The Caribbean climate made it the most favourite place for American millionaire pensioners. Distance 252km/168mi – approx. 3.5hr by car
- Orlando and Disneyworld: with its thematic parks it is the biggest and most visited park in the world. Distance 370km/250mi – 4hr by car / 1 hr by plane